Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Happy Anniversary Baby, I Got You on My Mind"

Dave & I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary yesterday and, inspired by Rachel, I thought I'd scan in a wacky big-haired freshman year foto, our engagement foto and a wedding pic to amuse you all. But my scanner is on the fritz so here are 3 pix of us over the past 11 years that I already had on file.

First, 1997 when Jonah was born. Look at that cute baby face...on Dave! (And yes, we were married 7 years before we had a kid, veritable freaks in Mormondom.)
The next earliest already scanned foto is of us in January 2000 at Georgia's birth.
Finally, here is one from fall 2005 when I was 9 months preggers w/ Bea. I love how my peroxide dependence waxes and wanes over the years and how Dave NEVER ages. Is there a portrait of Dave in attic somewhere, aging in his place ala Dorian Gray?

When I get my scanner working I'm going to have to post some of those oldies but goodies. We were so young in 1990 (22 & 21). I had a 2 year old sister-in-law for heaven's sake. But we were lucky we found each other. Dave is my favorite person, and even though he's not as funny as he thinks he is, he is smarter and kinder than he knows. And we still love each other which is really, really nice.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that you fit my demographic. That is my new fit of rage while being trapped in Arizona hell.

Anonymous said...

awwww so cute! Lovin those pics

Emily said...

uh-huh, the first words that popped into my head when I saw Dave six or so weeks ago TRULY were, "good lord, dorian gray . . ."

ellen said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

EmilyCC said...

Dave and Heather were the first married couple that made me stop and say, "Whoa, they really, really like just hanging out with each other. They're more like friends than a married couple." --what a wise 18 year old I was :)

Happy Anniversary!

Stefawn Von Gordon said...

I kinda like Dave too. Let's keep him (even if he "Mr. Common Knowledge")